SantéBus is a project of the Healing Haiti Fund working to assist the Haitian government and connect the many groups, organizations, hospitals and visiting teams operating in the country.
By r epurposing American school transport and other donated vehicles:
- SantéBus provides mobile medical support to existing clinics & offers an opportunity to provide field clinics in rural areas
- Provide SantéBus services for transporting patients, medical personnel & medical supplies
- SantéBus provides jobs for mechanics, drivers & others to help jump start the economy.
Our fleet includes:
- Rugged Chevy Suburbans that can transport staff, patients and supplies around Haiti.
- Our air conditioned 24 passenger mini-bus that also has a power lift for wheelchair accessibility and access.
- Various mini-buses with most of the seats removed that can be used as mobile clinics as well as moving patients and supplies.
- A self-contained mobile clinic with two exam rooms, a bathroom, water, power,
Our tri-lingual (Kreyol, French and English) driver can meet you at the airport, provide a place to stay in Port-au-Prince and take you where you need to go. If you are interested in using one of our vehicles please contact us.
SantéBus mobile clinic at La Tremblay
“We have been using your buses and they are life savers.”
J/P Haitian Relief Organization
“Just wanted to take a moment and thank your organization for the Santé buses currently in Haiti-I recently was able to travel from PAP to Hinche via one of your vehicles to bring medical staff from J/P HRO and supplies to Hospital St Therese where we worked in their cholera camp treating over 1000 patients in the course of 5 days...Thank you for your generosity in making this happen!”
Among the groups we have worked with are J/P HRO, Dept of Public Health & Population (MSPP/HUEH), Pou Soley Leve “For a RisingSun” ,
Madonna University / Felician Sisters, Radiologists Without Borders, World Wide Village, Double Harvest
The origin of SantéBus
Before SantéBus there was IMMEDS
More pictures of the beginning
The early fundraising concerts
Our 24 passenger bus in Port-au-Prince
Some of our Suburbans
The first SantéBus
The self-contained mobile clinic support